The American Association of Suicidology is pleased to offer a variety of webinars. Get trained from the comfort of your own computer!
* Note: The registration fee is a per person cost. Group participation is welcome, but each person must pay the registration fee in order to participate and receive continuing education credit (if applicable). If you would like to purchase a group registration, please contact Karen Kanefield at 202-237-2280.
Webinar Recordings On Demand and For Sale in the AAS Book Store:
Crisis Certification Training
Crisis Center Acreditation Preparation
Bullying & Suicide
Presented by Dr. Alan Berman
Bullying: The act of intentionally and repeatedly causing harm or injury (by a person or group) to someone who has difficulty defending him/herself.
Recent highly publicized cases of suicides associated with bullying highlight the need to better understand who gets bullied and why both victims and perpetrators are at risk for suicide. Moreover, although bullying is not a new phenomenon, the advent of cyber-bullying has made its prevention much more difficult.
Topics covered include:
• the difference between bullying and cyber-bullying
• types of bullying behaviors
• vulnerable populations
• suicidality and bullying: the research evidence
• understanding the suicidal pathway
• prevention dos and don't