Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk: Essential Skills for Clinicians (RRSR)
Steps to use the Online Training Program | En Espanol
- Using Internet Explorer browser version 6.0 or later, enter http://aas.selfip.org/sptraining/ in the address bar to access the online training and assessment quiz.
- Click "Log-in" located at the very upper right hand corner of the page.
- For full access you will need to create an account. Create a username and password you want and click the Log In button. Once this is created, you will be prompted to fill in the requested fields to proceed.
- Make sure there is text in the "Description" box. An actual description is not necessary, but the system will not work if there is nothing in this box. For example: write your initials.
- It is important that you indicate the course # in which you are enrolled on this page. Scroll down past the area that says "The following items are optional:" Locate the ID# field, and type in RRSR-('your course number'), for example RRSR-011. This information allows the course management software to recognize you and record your score from the assessment quiz.
- To begin the training program, click on Clinical Skills Training Program, located towards the bottom of the front page screen.
- There are two modules, each with three lessons, a review and an assessment quiz. Completing both modules will take about 90 minutes. You should then be able to correctly answer the 25 questions in the assessment quiz. You must be enrolled in a scheduled RRSR training to take the assessment quiz. The password to take the quiz is assessment.
- Before completing the assessment quiz, please click on and complete the brief demographic survey.
- After completing the assessment quiz, please click on and complete the Course Evaluation.
- To exit the program, click "Log-out" located at the very upper right hand corner of the page. You can then close your browser window if desired, by clicking the small x in the upper right corner of the screen.