|Who is the Suicide Prevention Specialist in Your School?|
School Suicide Prevention Accreditation Program
For school psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and all others dedicated to or responsible for reducing the incidence of suicide and suicidal behaviors among today's school-age youth.
(Visa, Mastercard, and American Express Only)
Application to Print and Mail or Fax [PDF]
Did you know that:
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for youth ages 10-24?
- One in 11 high school students made a suicide attempt in the past 12 months?
- 86% of school psychologists surveyed reported that they had counseled a student who had threatened or attempted suicide?
- 62% of school psychologists surveyed reported that they have had a student make a nonfatal suicide attempt at school?
Only 22% of school psychologists surveyed believed that their graduate training sufficiently prepared them to adequately intervene with a suicidal youth or to contribute to school suicide postvention activities!
Program Brochure [PDF]
AAS's School Suicide Prevention Accreditation Program teaches:
- best and evidence-based suicide prevention practices
- warning signs for youth suicide
- prevention and postvention principles
- how to reintegrate a student after a suicide attempt
- litigation outcomes
- dealing with traumatic loss
- risk factors for youth suicide
- how to assess a youth at risk
- how to deal with parents of a youth at risk
- creating safety contracts for youth at risk
- contagion, and much, much more.
Continuing Education Credits | Apply Now