Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk
Two-Day, skills based, interactive trainings to help providers formulate risk for suicide and develop plans to address risk for suicidal behavior.
Essential Skills in Primary Care (RRSR-PC)
- Essential Skills for Clinicians
- Essential Skills for Clinicians in Corrections (RRSR-C)
- Essential Skills for Clinicians at Colleges & Universities (RRSR-C&U)
A one-hour training program that provides Physicians, Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, and Physicians Assistants with the knowledge they need to integrate risk assessment into the office visits and to work collaboratively with patients to create treatment plans.
School Suicide Prevention Accreditation Programs
Accreditation for school-based personnel responsible for reducing the incidence of suicide and suicidal behaviors, including prevention and postvention principles.
Crisis Response Certification Programs
- College and university suicide prevention coordinators
Psychological Autopsy Certification Training
- Individual - Assesses qualifications of crisis workers for clinical practice in crisis management
- Crisis Centers - Defines basic standards for and accredits organization that serve persons in crisis
Teaches foundations of and techniques for reconstructing the causes of death by suicide.
Brings together researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the latest research and practice in all areas of the study of suicide. The conference unites two related events: the AAS Conference, and the Healing Conference for survivors.
National Center for the Prevention of Youth Suicide (NCPYS)
The NCPYS is a program of AAS, offering services and programs for and by youth. The National Center includes a Youth Advisory Board who provide input on projects aimed at reducing the number of deaths by suicide and incidences of suicidal behavior amongst their peers.
Public Awareness Campaigns
Information about new research discoveries, events, videos, conferences, innovations in related fields, all these are carried on AAS' various social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and www.suicidology.org.
- Annual Conference
- Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior (Journal)
- Rail Suicide Prevention Studies
- Fact Sheet and Statistical Updates
- Warning Signs
- Crisis Accreditation Programs
- School Suicide Prevention Accreditation Programs
- Forensic Suicidology Accreditation Program
- Crisis Center Conference
- Intern Program
- Media Guidelines
- Video Recommendations
- Book Reviews
- Certificate Program in Clinical Suicidology
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk in Primary Care
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk for mental health clinicians in various settings: general, corrections, colleges and universities
- Psychological Autopsy Certification Training
- National Suicide Prevention Week Kits
- Handbook for family and friends Survivors in English and Spanish
- On-line Directory of Survivor Support Groups
- Annual Healing Conference